“How do you feel today?” She said.
“I spent the whole night thinking about what we talked about.”
“Did it help?”
“Frankly, “I laughed and brought my fingertips to my mouth, “it didn’t help me one bit.”
“Oh,” her eyes and mouth matched. “I’m sorry to hear that.”
“I couldn’t even begin to grasp what you told me. Like every time I felt I was on the verge of going over to understanding my mind became distracted and I was torn away from whatever I almost held, of course never knowing the path back to that place. See something over there?”
“Birds everywhere, didn’t you hear their wings, flew to the sky, and I thought of something someone once told me.”
“Stop it.”
“What?” She swatted at my hands.
“I can listen no longer, “and I walked past her, without another word, along a path to a building surrounded by a forest. She walked the same path, though in the opposite direction, to a house surrounded by a garden.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment