I awoke today craving coffee, and to my dismay I had forgotten to buy filters last night. There was a dirty one in the coffee maker from the day before so I rinsed it off, filled it up, and made myself a pretty swell pot. The taste in my mouth upon awakening was horrendous, decaying bile, the contents of my stomach crept up my esophagus and mildewed, spores of stink. I believe most people have this problem. It's called "morning breath," and it's a pain in the rump because I wake up next to my girlfriend with a penis on full alert, but my breath is solely a barer of disgust, not romance. Yes, the bathroom is close, and I could scrub all that nastiness away, but I feel I cannot be too abrupt. I cannot show what I want too lucidly. I must let us slip into romance and out of our underwear naturally, with little outward force. Why I like things to progress this way I do not know.
My band is playing their first show tonight, and I don't feel that we're prepared, but I sure do want to play. Have some beers, maybe a shot or two of whisky, then I'll relate to the world, tell them how troubled I am. My ego on display for everyone to see, hell I wonder if anyone will peruse these ramblings. This blog is likened to a stage. I'm not looking to build some lasting legacy. There's already too many people from the past that have said and sung everything that needs to be said and sung much more eloquently, skillfully, beautifully, and intensely, than what I have churned out. I do these things to pass the time, and have fun, keep the demons of ennui at bay. That is all.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
12-13-08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment